Data Retention and Disposal Policy and Procedures
The "Data Retention and Disposal Policy and Procedures" document is an incredibly in-depth, industry leading policy that covers all essential topics relating to data retention and disposal within an organization. Extensively researched and developed by information security experts, such as former military I.T. personnel, cyber security specialists - and others - it's a must-have document for helping put in place industry leading data classification policies, procedures, and practices.
Additionally, the document contains sections, categories, along with supporting best practices pertaining to the most critical areas regarding data retention and disposal, such as provisions, procedures, methods, and much more. Moreover, the document has also been developed using noted provisions from many of the world's most recognized and respected information security benchmarks, standards, frameworks, and best practices, such as NIST, FIPS, ISO, COBIT, US CERT, Cloud Security, Defense-in-Depth, Layered Security - just to name a select few. Learn more about our industry leading documentation today!
Length: 7 pages.
Format: Microsoft Word Document.
- Types of Data
- Electronic Media
- Hardcopy Format
- Procedure for Obtaining Data
- Procedure for Protecting Data
- Procedure for Accessing, Modifying or Transferring Data
- Identification and Inventory of Data
- Provisions and Procedures for Retaining Data
- Provisions and Procedures for Disposing of and Destroying Data
- Media Re-use
- Responsible Parties for Data Retention Activities
- Responsible Parties for Data Disposal Activities
- Legal and Regulatory Requirements for Retention of Data
- Programmatic (Automatic) Removal of Data
- Manual Removal of Data